Heads up, I strictly eye ball measurements and tailor flavor based on what I prefer…even with other people’s recipes- That’s cooking, it’s an art… don’t be afraid to add more or less flavors! This recipe can be made without an air fryer
Shrimp– 1lb bag (frozen, peeled and deveined)
Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca Flour– 1/2 cup
Milk- 1/2 cup
Mayo- 1/4 cup
Thai sweet chili sauce– 1/4 cup
Sriracha– 1 tbsp
Living lettuce– 1 package
- CLEAN YOUR SHRIMP!!! CLEAN YOUR LETTUCE!!!!
- Cover shrimp in milk
- Coat the shrimp with tapioca flour, shake off excess and set aside as you coat about 1/2 your batch
- Oil your air fryer basket and then place an even layer of shrimp on top.
- Cook at 400* for 8 minutes. Flip once at 4 minutes.
- Finish coating any remaining shrimp
- Whip up that sauce! In a small bowl mix the mayo, chili sauce, and sriracha until well combined. Pour over shrimp once they are done.
- Slice and dice your green onions and avocado if you decided to add those for flare
- Spoon desired amount down the center of your individual lettuce leaves, decorate with desired toppings and BAM!
Tips: Shrimp are bottom feeders, which means they eat gross s***; the dark “vein” on their underside is their poop…make sure you devein them. Tapioca flour has a cornstarch texture which can get very thick and clumpy, so make sure you don’t too heavily coat the shrimp. There does end up being quite a bit of sauce- depending upon how creamy/sweet/spicy you want it, you can add/subtract.